Parent Support Advisor
Hello, I am the Parent Support Advisor for Finberry Primary School, Sam Metcalfe.
My role is to provide support to parents/carers and help with any issues that you may have in relation to supporting your children, both at home and in school. Any query, large or small that you may require assistance with, I am here to help.
I work with all school staff, always in the best interests of the children and their families. I work impartially and confidentially and can provide a 'listening ear' if you ever need advice or support.
Contact me: Phone - 01795 423752 or email –firstname.lastname@example.org
Trust Safeguarding Leads
To find out more information about our Trust Safeguarding Leads, please click the link below.
Photography at school events
Please click the link below to view our guidance on taking photos at school events.
The Stour Academy Trust recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment within school that will help children to feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to.
The Stour Academy Trust will endeavour to support the welfare and safety of all pupils through:
- Maintaining children’s welfare as our paramount concern
- ensuring the content of the curriculum includes social and emotional aspects of learning
- ensuring that child protection is included in the curriculum to help children stay safe, recognise when they don’t feel safe and identify who they might / can talk to
- Providing suitable support and guidance so that students have a range of appropriate adults to approach if they are in difficulties
- promoting a positive, supportive, neutral and secure environment where pupils can develop a sense of being valued and heard in their own right
- Ensuring all steps are taken to maintain site security and student’s physical safety
- Working with parents to build an understanding of the school’s responsibility to ensure the welfare of all children including the need for referral to other agencies in some situations
- Developing effective and supportive liaison with other agencies
The Stour Academy Trust is committed to ensure that all steps are taken to recruit staff and volunteers who are safe to work with our pupils/students and have their welfare and protection as the highest priority. The Governing Body/advisory Board, Board of Directors and School Leadership Team are responsible for ensuring that the school follows safe recruitment processes outlined within Guidance, including accurate maintenance of the Single Central Record; and an application, vetting and recruitment process which places safeguarding at its centre, regardless of employee or voluntary role.
- All staff have a responsibility for maintaining awareness of buildings and grounds security and for reporting concerns that may come to light. We operate within a whole-school community ethos and welcome comments from pupils/students, parents and others about areas that may need improvement as well as what we are doing well.
- Appropriate checks will be undertaken in respect of visitors and volunteers coming into school as outlined within guidance. Visitors will be expected to sign in and out via the office visitors log and to display a visitors badge whilst on school site. Any individual who is not known or identifiable should be challenged for clarification and reassurance.
- The school will not accept the behaviour of any individual (parent or other) that threatens school security or leads others (child or adult) to feel unsafe. Such behaviour will be treated as a serious concern and may result in a decision to refuse access for that individual to the school site.
View our Safeguarding Policy below: